In the following map, I have:
- A line / road layer
- A parcel / lot layer
- Find and count the list of lots adjacent to the road with their types (parcel_type is a field in the parcel layer)
- The data is both stored as shp files and as a postgis tables
- The line layer and the lot layer do not intersect i.e. the lot layer has the right of way specified in it of the actual width of the road; whereas, the road layer is just a line layer.
- a parcel might be adjacent to a road on more than one location. think of it as a large lot, with a lot within it. or lots with double frontages. (there is an example of such a lot in the picture below
- This has to be automated on all roads of the study area (roughly 20,000 segments)