Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for cartographers, geographers and GIS professionals. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a classified image (I did it in ERDAS) with six categories. There are some misclassified pixels (especially high-density urban category). Is there any way that I can choose one pixel and then change its class (for instance change bareland to high-density urban) in ERDAS or Arcmap? I do appreciate your help. Thanks.

share|improve this question

The simplest way is to create a new point layer for identifying individual cells which have been misclassified: for each incorrect cell, create a point at that location, and update the attribute table with the corrected value.

Then, rasterize the points to a layer with the same extent and cell size as your input layer, then merge the two with a raster calculator, doing something along the lines of:

if(rasterized_points > 0, rasterized_points, classified_input_image)
share|improve this answer
Thanks dear scw. Great help. – Zeinab Aug 25 '10 at 22:22

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.