Ultimate goal is to pull data from a Feature Class, group out the different types of Lease Status (field), run a dissolve and sum calculation on each new layer/FC then merge all new layers/FC's together into one FC.
This is my manual process for what I am trying to accomplish: I went about creating a table that includes one Tract_ID, the lease_status and a sum calculated on the Percent_interest field for all the owners. (probably very rudimentary LOL)
(create initial tables to work from)
Export DBLeaseOR8312m into a new layer/FC for each lease_status for example DBLeaseOR8312m_open, DBLeaseOR8312m_ThirdParty, etc.
From the DBLeaseOR8312m_open FC select all other lease_statuses and delete
Run dissolve on the new layer
- Select Tract_ID as the dissolve field
- Select percent_interest and “SUM” in the statistics area
(modify new tables to include new field)
- This creates a new table that only has one Tract_ID, one type of Lease_status and the percent_interest calculated for all owners and included in percent interest field.
- Creat new field in this table for Lease_status and add the specific type to that field
- Do this for each Lease_status type
(merge data together into one final table)
- Then merge all tables into one table to include all lease_status types.
I'm thinking I can use Iterate Feature Selection in model builder but not quite sure how to bring it all together and set my outputs...