I will try to be more specific and really I need help
In my personal geodatabase there are two layers:- one of them is small -- about 13 records/features. The other is about 118 records/features. The relation class between the two layers is one to many where the small layer is the origin layer and the big is the destination. What I need to do is to join the big layer with an external excel table. This table has about 200-500 columns and after the join I need to calculate the sum of these records and put it in the small layer.
What I did is a model using model builder in ArcGIS 10.00. This model does the following:
- Joins the excel table with the big layer
- After joining I cannot do quick export because I haven't got the license for Data Interoperability Tools so I make feature class to feature class and now I have a feature class called (B)
- I then make a summary statistics table on feature class B. I choose attribute by attribute and choose the summary type SUM for each column.
The first question is whether there any methods to choose all field and make the SUM for each fields or must I do it one by one?
- After that I make a join between the small layer and the summary statistics output table (C)
- I then make feature class to feature class to have the final results
The second question: If the column name in the excel file changed this model is now not useful which I need to do that with different excel file
The third question: Are there any other techniques can I use to solve this problem