I am working on a flood modelling project that will generate a very large number of plan sets. Each set will have several plans - say a general arrangement plan and say 5-10+ sheets tracking along a intercourse. Each set of plans will be generally the same, except with a different "results" layer turned on. For example Set 1 covers the 100year flood extent, Set 2 covers the 50year flood extent, etc.
As the model develops, options tested, refinements made, etc, there is the need to reprint the drawings with the updated results layers shown.
Can I do the following with QGIS?:
- Set up a template composer titlebox
- Define a set of plans along a river reached for example
- Set up a layer configuration then save the layer configuration for later reuse.
- Print out the set of plans.
- Change the layer configuration Then save for later reuse. Repeat this for all results.
- At a later date, update the results files, and regenerate all the drawings using the saved layouts.
Any pointers would be appreciated.