Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for cartographers, geographers and GIS professionals. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I don't know if "ground plan based" is the right word in the following context:

A computer program reads a ground plan and produces a result ground plan. The result groundplan's deviation from the input ground plan must be within a prescribed tolerance to be called "ground plan based".

Possible words for this situation might be:

ground plan based, topographic planimetry, planimetric reconstruction

But I'm not sure which is the common word? Which word would you use to describe that both of the ground plans match nearly 100%?

share|improve this question
I wonder if footprint is the term you are looking for? – nmtoken Mar 25 at 12:48

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.