Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for cartographers, geographers and GIS professionals. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Universities that offers GIS and Remote Sensing programs at master or PhD levels.

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by iant, Aragon, RyanDalton, djq, Get Spatial Oct 10 '12 at 0:09

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Where? Is moving while you're in school an option? Would you prefer an online prgram? .................> – Dano Aug 3 '12 at 14:52

My advice is to look at programs that are specific to your interests (e.g. environmental toxicology, env. science, urban planning, landscape ecology, etc), then look at how you can integrate RS/GIS into your research. You will find that many Universities have excellent programs that are not marketed as RS/GIS degrees, yet produce graduates that are experts in GIS/RS--try not to limit your options. Perhaps most important is your research focus and where you publish your research. Publications in journals such as "Remote Sensing of the Environment" will help inform your potential employers of your expertise. Best of luck!

share|improve this answer

Charles Sturt Unversity (CSU), Master of GIS and Remote Sensing. As you don't provide any clue about your location I've listed CSU, they were a pioneer of online distance education here in Australia :)

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.