This might be a very basic question as I am new to GeoServer.
What I am trying to do:
- I have a MySQL table that stores data attached to a spatial point and have latitude and longitude columns to store the location attribute.
- Use GeoServer to display these data points as layer.
What has been done:
- Create a new table which is duplicate of the original table but also have POINT field which is generated using POINT(orig_lat, orig_lon).
- Use the MySQL extension to create a new data store linked with this spatial_table.
- Create a new layer here we need two fields called as native and declared SRS, in the demo I had seen EPSG:4326 as the declared SRS and hence I have added that SRS.
- When I view the layer preview in openlayer I do not see any map? Not sure if this is because of SRS or do I need to specify a map layer.
- Most of the points seem like they are overlayed on top of each other and zoomin and panning does not make much difference. This seems like SRS issue.
- Is it possible to overlay the points on top of google maps using geoserver?