I'm familiar with AMD and recently completed a project using Require, Backbone, and OpenLayers in combination - overall a very pleasant experience.
However I'm worried by
- that trying to use Require instead of Dojo AMD throws an exception, and
- that Dojo AMD doesn't seem to have the same user-base and momentum as Require, making it difficult to research / resolve problems without hitting the forums
Any thoughts or experience here would be much appreciated.
EDIT Based on the answers so far it seems that no, ESRI hasn't provided any information on building your Dojo application after inflating the number of scripts involved. It seems the only useful information available is from non-official sources and slightly outdated (enough to cause problems). This leads to me wonder why more people aren't vocal about the API's new improvements / deficiencies
- am I being too critical / demanding in expecting some more information here?
- is no one using the latest version of the API?
- should I use an older version of the API that doesn't depend on AMD?