I was debating with one of my collegues on OpenLayers v/s Leaflet. I made a point that OpenLayers is much better API if we wish to build a project, where you need direct connectivity to the Geoserver and PostGIS.
Then I found Open Data Kit, which looks pretty new but has the features of connectivity with the Geoserver and PostGIS.
So my project details are as follows,
- Use the map interface to fetch Feature Info
- Create a customized tool that takes the lat/lon from user as to where he/she clicks on the map and then fetches the Climate Data from the raster (which is handled by a py script on the server)
- Allows user to upload excel, which is sent to the py script, which returns a GeoJSON, which creates Vector Features on the map
- Allow user to create vector polygons, which will fetch the Features it intersects from the WFS Layer.
- Fetches Layer from the PostGIS Datastore on GeoServer and displays the layers on the map.
So now I am confused on which is better and why using OpenLayers over Leaflet makes more sense or not?