I'm trying to extract data from a raster file from "Snow Data Assimilation System (SNODAS)" and convert it to a MMQGIS (plugin) grid layer (Hexagon) with QGIS. This raster file stores the snow depth of the whole of the United States.
- I load my raster (tif)
- I extract the data with a terrain analysis (Aspect)
- I create my grid layer as a hexagon
- I run Zonal statistics from my Aspect to my Grid
- At this point my grid has "count", "sum" and "mean" attributes. I use the "sum" attribute.
- I load it on TileMill and I style the "sum" attribute.
I would like to know if I have the correct process and the right information about snow depth on my Grid layer? Is "Sum" the right attribute to print?