This problem is similar to retail presence optimization. I'd like to know which GIS's could help us do the following:
Given a set of point locations,
- create a circle of radius n meters around each.
- each circle has a unique score.
- replace the circle's unique score with the sum of its score and the scores of all circles with which it intersects.
- create a polygon(s)--the union of all circles with sum >= a threshold.
- Layer in a new set of points and take the set of all these new points that are contained within the polygon(s).
- Export as a table those points and their metadata.
I once upon a time was reasonably fluent with Manifold, and I think this could be done in Manifold, I think. We're interested in a GIS, for now, costing no more than Manifold. Shortest learning curve super appreciated too.
Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide, Steve