I have a problem with a simple join and I don't know what to do:
- I have a shapefile with 400,000 parcels, in this shape I have only one column with the parcel id with an index.
- I have a Materialized View in Oracle with only 2,000 rows, this view has 4 columns, one of them is the parcel id also with an index.
- In ArcCatalog I added a new database connection to get the Materialized View.
- In ArcMap I added the shape file and the materialized view with no problems. Displaying the data of each layer takes less than a second.
- In ArcMap I create a join by parcel id keeping only matching records.
At this step, when I open the attribute table it takes up to a minute to get the data and drawing the layer also takes a long time. Because of this, I can't use this mxd project at all.
What am I doing wrong?