Is there any possibility that two diffrent versions of gdal (1.7.3 and I believe 1.9.0) can give me two diffrent results with given:
- two RGB files.Each twith 3 layers - input1.png and input2.png
gdal_merge -o output_file.img -of HFA -separate input1.png input2.png
On version 1.9.0 i get 6 layered img file (3layers + 3 layers). On gdal 1.7.3 i get somehow 2 layers (not six) and i cannot recognize which layer is from which image.
These are really the same input files (i literally copied them to diffrent computer) and i used gdal from command line. What's funny is that it works good on windows, and on one ubuntu but on the other ubuntu it works not as predicted. It's the last idea i come with (diffrent gdal versions), but i find it very strange and unbelivable that same program works so much diffrently on diffrent versions.