I am using QGIS 1.8.0 and it runs slowly (with huge layers the size of NSW, Australia) and it appears that QGIS is limited in its RAM allocation to 128.9MB. How can I increase the speed with which it deals with such big files by allocating a larger amount of my computers power to QGIS?
I am running Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) on: - Intel Pentium P6200 @ 2.13GHz (dual core); - 2.00GB RAM - AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series
- Engine clock speed: 500-750 MHz
- Processing power (single precision): 80-120 GigaFLOPS
- Polygon throughput: 125-187.5M polygons/sec
- Data fetch rate (32-bit): 16-24 billion fetches/sec Texel fill rate (bilinear filtered): 4-6 Gigatexels/sec Pixel fill rate: 2-3
- Gigapixels/sec Anti-aliased pixel fill rate: 8-12 Gigasamples/sec
- Memory clock speed: 800-900 MHz Memory data rate: 1.6-1.8 Gbps Memory bandwidth: 12.8-14.4 GB/sec