I want to develop a mobile app with the following features:
- work offline on mobile and don't need access to the internet (disconnect mode)
- can import layers to it in public extensions (shape file, personal geodatabase, kml)
- can edit layers
- have some forms and fields that get filled out by mobile user and save in database
I think Android is a better platform for developing my app, so I need a GIS service that can extend in Android.
I know ArcGIS and developed web apps and desktop apps with that before, but in mobile app developing, I can't use it, because I had to use the ArcGISOnline service to host my layers and I don't want share my map and want to host data locally and offline.
I'd like to know:
- what I need
- what GIS service should us
- what platform I should choose
- which is better