Here is the environment in which I work:
- An application using geo-referenced data
- Database MySQL 5.5, storing georeferenced points
- A Geoserver server, connected to the MySQL database
Here is the context (common to many people): I have to calculate the distance between two points stored in my DB (and better, I want all the points within a known distance)
I have searched about the methods available to me on the net, and here are my results:
- MySQL: I can use the method GLength of the LineString type , but the result is in degrees, which is useless. In addition, the SRID (mine is 4326) can not be used.
- WFS protocol: I can connect to GeoServer WFS with a query, but currently there is an open issue with DWithin method (the one that interests me), indicating that the parameter "unit" cannot be used (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-937).
- WPS protocol: I saw a method "Distance". But there is little information, and this method does not seem to use a calculation method that suits me (https://wiki.state.ma.us/confluence/display/massgis/GeoServer+-+WPS+-+Distance).
I have not found other potential solutions.
First, are there errors in the results that I described? Secondly, would you have any suggestions or additional ideas for me?
Edit: I cannot install and use PostGre. I know that it can be done with it.