Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for cartographers, geographers and GIS professionals. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I do have two raster layers (interpolated with Empirical Bayesian Kriging), that show the elevation of a glacier in April, and September. I want to show the change in elevation between the layers in water equivalent. Any suggestion on how I can do that?

share|improve this question

I'm not sure what you mean by "water equivalent". If you're just wanting to find the difference between the two rasters, it's a simple matter of subtracting the two in Raster Calculator.

Your expression will look something like this:

"September" - "April"


Abs("September" - "April")

You will need the Spatial Analyst extension.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.