I am trying to set up Geoportal to harvest services hosted by Geoserver. I tried follow this instructions:
- Open your Geoportal Server.
- Go to the Administration tab Choose the 'Add' option
- Choose 'Register resource on the network' and click Proceed
- In the URL resource form, paste the OGC GetCapabilities URL (including all parameters)
- Keep the options for allowing the resource to be found and for it to be synchronized at an interval
- Choose the interval.
- Select if you want to be notified of synchronization results.
- Click Save.
- In the Manage page, approve this newly registered resource.
Now I did the following in Geoserver:
- Registered a ArcSDE shapefile in Geoserver that I can see in "Layer Preview" and I can get the common formats like OpenStreet map working for the layer.
But what is an OGC GetCapabilities URL??? Where do i declared and link it to the layer I registered?
Many thanks for any help