Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for cartographers, geographers and GIS professionals. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to convert the utm cordinate systenm WGS 84 "E,N " from 38 N ZONE to 39 N or to 37 N. pleas send me the formula and programs that I can do it. thank you

share|improve this question
Welcome to SE.GIS forum.Please go through – Sunil Mar 13 '13 at 7:23

PROJ 4. QGIS, GDAL and PostGIS are one of programs which use it. Get QGIS ( i assume that you use compatible data format) Figure out your source and target SRID and do re-projection.

that's all i can do with current information. In future you could add litlle more information like file format because it can cause problems

share|improve this answer

Since you need to convert from one zone to another, If you have your data in shapefile, using ArcGIS you can very easily do this. Go to ArcToolbox-> Data Management tools-> Projections and transformations-> Feature toolset > Project. & there you are. ArcGIS Help for Project tool.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.