I am in the process of learning for doing WFST - OpenLayers in web. I followed this tutorial in the GisTutor.
But i stuck with 2 problems
- the WFS-T layer is not appearing
- the feature created in client cannot be saved (no response when save button is clicked, and accordingly there is no additional row in the PostGIS table of WFST_TEST)
In the latter part of the discussion between Janne Mattila with Iant, Iant suggests that:
don't run from file://somefolder/mytestpage.html always use localhost:28080/geoserver/www/mytestpage.html this should fix your problem. – iant
and then Janne seems to be happy:
Nice and simple, that fixed it! I don't fully understand why it works like that, though. Can you explain what happens in OpenLayers when I access the page using file:// and when I use localhost:28080 instead? – Janne Mattila
I finally able to call my html by
localhost:8080/geoserver/www/rinotestpage.html in my browser, by putting my
rinotestpage.html and the
THEME folder (for bringing button PNG files to the app) into the
C:\Program Files\GeoServer 2.3.2\data_dir\www. But my 2 problems in the above are persisting (WFS-T layer not appeared and feature created in client is not saved)
- Janne and Iant, how did you crack this? How to solve the problem (WFS-T layer not appearing)?
- Janne, did you put your
testpage.htmlin the same folder as i did ? (
C:\Program Files\GeoServer 2.3.2\data_dir\www).
For additional infos:
- I am using : PostgreSQL 126.96.36.199 Windows 32-bit + PostGIS 188.8.131.52 + GeoServer 2.3.2 + Windows Server 2003 in VMWare Player 5.0.2
- I can see in my firebug that there is "POST wfs" request to my
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs, but the request took forever and no response. I am guessing this is why my WFS-T layer is not shown.