I'm quiet new to ArcObjects and I need some help. My main issue is that I have an external WPF application (a video player exactly), and from that application I want to perform the following actions in the current instance of ArcMap:
- From my application get the currently running instance of ArcGIS desktop or ArcMap
- Send coordinates and display a bitmap at that location
Frankly I don't know from where I should start, so here are my questions:
- Is it possible to access the current running session of ArcGIS from a third party program?
- Is it possible to send coordinates to ArcGIS this way?
- Should I convert my application to an AddIn? How can i perform that, if you have any useful indications it will be great.