What I have:
- an Excel file with 11 thousand address (street + zip code + city)
- all address are from Portugal
- the address are not accurate (some address have the name street in a short way)
What I am looking for:
- get "geocodes" (latitude/longitude) of all address.
- using a opensource API, or a service of a website
What I will do with the data collected:
- with the "geocodes" I will create a file like a KML file with all address and some others information about each address
- the "geocodes" will be use in a commercial product by the company I am working.
In my research I have found some API and websites. But I am not sure if they suit my requirements
- Google Maps API
- I think it was a limit if 2500 requests per IP per day.
- I think I can not collect the latitude/longitude, only show the location in a Google Map webpage
- Yahoo PlaceFinder API
- I think it is not free
- website Gisgraphy
- The results on my test are not good for Portugal address
- website GPS Visualizer's Address Locator
- uses Google and API Yahoo API, So have the same restrictions above
Some links I found: