You will need a translator to convert from the Ordnance Survey GML 2.1.2 to an ESRI Shapefile. Unfortunately many of the native GML translators fail to work with the Ordnance Survey OS MasterMap Topography data because of the nested structure of the data.
The list below are the ones I know about and will all work for converting Ordnance Survey GML files. There may be some others.
Some options are
- ESRI Productivity Suite
- ESRI Interopability Extension
- Astun Technology GML Loader (this does convert to shapefiles)
- Lutra Consulting have one which is used with QGIS -
- Dotted Eyes InterpOSe
- I think Cadcorp can read it natively
There are others that will load into a database like
- Snowflake GO LOADER
- Dotted Eyes SuperpOSe
- Astun Technology GML Loader
Standard GDAL/OGR2OGR will not correctly read all the features but several of the above use OGR2OGR as a base.
If you have further questions you might want to contact Ordnance Survey Customer Service team.