Since TBL2SDE no longer exists (we're running a 64-bit server and ArcGIS 10 doesn't include that executable on a 64-bit installation) I've been using the Table to Table script in ArcToolbox to copy some Info and DBF tables to SqlServer. This has been working fine but I ran into a problem today where it simply does not allow me to copy any tables.
When I run the command, it returns:
ERROR 999999: Error executing function. Item with the same path name already exists. DBMS table not found [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: Invalid object name 'gismo.RFCGIS.aocondo'.] [gismo.RFCGIS.aocondo][STATE_ID = 19653] DBMS table not found [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: Invalid object name 'gismo.RFCGIS.aocondo'.] [gismo.RFCGIS.aocondo][STATE_ID = 19653] Failed to execute (TableToTable).
sdetable -o delete to remove the tables and that, too, has been working fine, so I don't think there's a problem with SDE. I've also checked to see if there are any remnants of the table names in sde_table_registry, sde_layers, sde_column_registry, and even gdb_items (though the tables should not have been registered with the GDB). I also checked against various owners (dbo, rfcgis, and sde) to see if it was a problem with the file existing but owned by a different user and that's not it either. Oh, and it does work when copying from DBF to DBF, so it's not contention on the source file. I've run out of ideas and hope someone can suggest another direction to take with this.