I have read lots of documentation about ArcSDE 9.3 recently but there are still are few things I don´t quite understand because I have not installed the infrastructure myself. If the SOM manages the connections to services and the SOCs host the services, what is the relationship between the SOC and the DBMS?
Is this Workflow correct?
- Client application requests features from AGS
- AGS communicates to the SOM that a service has been requested
- SOM finds the SOC which is runs the service
- SOC pulls data out of the DBMS and relays the data to SOM and AGS
- AGS provides visualization and analysis of data