I'm creating a model to import GPS tracks(.GPX files) into ArcMap, this is to create a network of driveable off road vehicle routes. I've manage to do some of the things I'm trying to do, but there are some problems I haven't been able to figure out, and I was hoping that some of you might be able to help! I'm using ArcGIS desktop 10.2.
what i want "out" is:
1) generalized lines from the different tracks( Integrate tool)
2) number of tracks combined to make one line segment (with integrate)
3) average speed on the line segments
4) average time(seconds) it takes to drive the line segment
5) last date driven
6) graphic representation of how many times a line segment is driven
So far I've made two separate models, simply because I can't figure out how to combine them.
This model takes GPX files from the folder "Tracklogs", "GPX to feature" imports the gps points with all its data. "Convert time field" converts a dateTime field into a Date field. "GPX speed" creates a polyline containing speed values for each line segment(line segments between gps points), "Split line at vertices" so I can use "join field" to get both time and speed info togehter. "Add field" and "calculate field" to calulate speed and distance to get seconds it takes to drive on line segment.
this one merges all files from the first model, ideally I would like to have this one connected to the first model, but when i tried that it would not merge all features together, i think "merge" ran once for every file separately instead of once for all the files.?
Integrate gives me a feature class with the averaged line from all the lines and "kernal Density" gives me a graphic representation of how much traffic there has been in different areas.
(in this example there is only two GPX-files, but the model is intended to run potentially for several hundred)
split_0 and split_1 is the result of the first model,and the SplitLine_Merge is the result of the second model. here you can see some of the problem, the attribute speed and seconds is the same as from split_1, even though the Shape_Lenght is different. I need it to average the speed from both tables when it integrates.
so to sum up:
1) generalized lines from different tracks - Accomplished using Integrate
2) Number of tracks combined to make on line segment on the Integrate - not accomplished
3) average speed on the line segments - not accomplished in the generalized lines
4) average time(seconds) it takes to drive the line segment - not accomplished in the generalized lines
5) last date driven - not accomplished in the generalized lines
6) graphic representation of how many times a line segment is driven - accomplished using Kernal Density
I know that this is a comprehensive question with several sub-questions so I'm happy with every answer/tip that can help me solve parts of my problem.
Thanks in advance!