Imagine I have a shapefile which has its own attribute table and I have a non-spatial stand alone table too. I am going to copy the rows from the shapefile attribute table into the stand alone table but when I start editing on the table and copy the features from the shapefile attribute table, paste doesn't work and I can't copy the values inside the stand-alone table. I was wondering if there is a way to copy and paste only the values of spatial attribute tables rows (and obviously not the spatial data) into a non-spatial table in Arcmap.
Here's what I think you are asking:
1) Open the Attribute Table
2) Export the table to a new table
3) Save the type of table you want in a location you want
4) Edit the new table all you need
5) Join the new table to the old and
6) Calculate the new field values in the old table from those in the joined new table