Tag Info

New answers tagged


One of the quicker (and scriptable) ways to manipulate shapefiles is to use ogr2ogr. For example, to keep just the column named 'name' do: ogr2ogr \ -f 'ESRI Shapefile' \ -select name \ dest.shp \ source.shp This is formatted for readability in a bash shell, but you can just as easily remove the slashes and write it all on one line. Multiple output ...


Assuming a comma will sufficiently split your street address into a field and the City, State, ZIP into another field, you could just use another attribute splitter with a space. Alternatively, you could use a PythonCaller Transformer to do the work for you. Here, City/State/Zip are stored in an attribute called "Location". The python script I used here ...


There are basically two problems with the script you posted. The feature's attributes are not initialized. So the feature itself does not have any attributes (although the provider has). With other providers this would be less of a problem since when saved and retrieved, new features get created, but the memory provider saves the feature as they are. The ...


Well you can script almost everything. QGIS itself (nor any other GIS from my knowledge) does not allow to view individual columns. The colums give information about the shapefile. I would recommend splitting the columns in Excel/Access to separate tables.


Look at the Multiple Attributes section under the Symbology tab in Layer Properties. Set your fields to Species Name and Winter Coat Color, adjust your symbols accordingly.


Check Where can I find a shapefile of city boundaries in the US? to find city polygons, download, and add it to ArcMap. Select the appropriate city. Then perform a Select By Location on your parcel features that intersect the selected city polygon.


You need to use the following syntax. title('yourstring') or title("yourfield") The answer to that question is talking about using a 3rd party plugin (not sure why really)


This is a good question onto which I just stumbled myself. I don't like any of the answers which have been given so far. I have a valid dataset with unique IDs that are non sequential and non integer. The problem is that the dataset contains single geometries but some boundaries are multi geometries in nature. My task is to identify and union these ...


Just to add a few more pointers to the links mentioned in @nebi's answer: another Leaflet library: leafletR on CRAN the plotly ggplot2 library: see here and a series of example maps with code rCharts provides bindings to the Leaflet library, here is an example of a choropleth map ggvis can be combined with with shiny

Top 50 recent answers are included