New answers tagged encoding
I just found it myself - it's under layer properties -> General -> Data source encoding.
The OGR driver for Oracle (OCI driver) accesses the database just like any other client, and so it's behavior regarding character set is the same as for any other client. In particular, the character set in which the database will send the strings to the client (here ogr2ogr via its OCI plugin) is influenced by the setting of the NLS_LANG environment ...
I have been able to replicate your problem using the provided shapefile (original). I've opened original.shp in R using both maptools and rgdal and have successfully plotted it. I've also been able to open this unedited file in QGIS 2.8 and ArcMap 10.1. In all cases the Japanese characters in the attribute table displayed correctly. However, when I edited ...
Top 50 recent answers are included