Tag Info

New answers tagged

0

In the screen shot you have given I think this can be easily done with a spatial join. You just need to set the match option to HAVE_THEIR_CENTER_IN. Be mindful that if you have tortuous shapes with holes in then this may fail for those scenarios.


0

After further tweaking, I was able to solve the issue. I had to shorten the TIN's output file name. It appears that the length of the filename can't be longer than a certain amount of characters. out_tin_basename = "t0041214_ppp" was the new output tin filename.


0

Since ArcGIS Server 10.1, the ability to include a hosted service inside a map service has been disabled. You should get the following error if you try to publish an mxd containing one: ArcGIS for Server error description Would scraping the data from the hosted service and recreating the service be out of the question? (Edit: Removed unnecessary comment.) ...


1

The tool doesn't support map services. A map service does not serve the actual data, it serves image exports of the data. The tool converts features into KML. These two ideas don't mesh. I did a quick test: I didn't get that error (not sure how/why you're getting the error), but it did put "something" inside the output KML. I have a mapservice of the ...


1

I think some or most of what you want to do can be done using the geoprocessing log files. In addition to the Results window, geoprocessing results can also be saved to XML log files. Check this box under Geoprocessing -> Geoprocessing Options, General: According to the help, log files should be kept for geoprocessing done under either ArcMap or ...


1

I see that this is a rant rather than a question. However I like to share my comments: ArcCatalog results are not saved at all, if you don't consciously save them they're gone baby. I doubt it how it is necessary ArcMap results are only kept if you save an .mxd. If I created an .mxd every time I needed to do a few things my document management overhead ...


0

I really like Mark's answer. Indeed a feature not well known, at least not to me :). However, judging by Dan's screenshot, I think there is a more straight-forward solution. When you add that many readers in the same format, simply check the Single Merged Feature Type option in the Add Reader window (see below). All your files will then be displayed as if it ...


0

The only way I can think of is the use of Progressor in Arcpy. Using Progressor once the user press the cancel button the loop breaks. Then you can check the result object to see whether it is canceled by the user. Here is a sample code: def execute(self, parameters, messages): import time n=30 p=1 arcpy.SetProgressor("step", ...


2

This isn't an answer, but an elaboration on the question. I've published an asynchronous gp service using the code shown below. If the user cancels, the result object returned does indicate that. However, the loop runs for the full number of seconds. I would like to break out of the loop if user has canceled. def execute(self, parameters, messages): ...


1

There has to be a problem with the CSV file. Possibilities include (but are not limited to): Spaces and/or non-alphanumeric characters in field names, or starting with underscore. Bad data in cells. Esri only reads the first few lines to decide the data type, if the first dozen or so are numbers it calls the field integer, if there's later a value like ...


0

Note that as of QGIS 2.8, there's a new tool in Processing Toolbox called "Split lines with lines" that does exactly this task and works beautifully.


0

I've written a function for PostGIS which uses linear referencing functions to redistribute vertices for [Multi]LineString and [Multi]Polygon geometries. For PostGIS 2.0 and earlier, ST_LineInterpolatePoint needs to be renamed to ST_Line_Interpolate_Point. CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ST_RedistributeVertices(geom geometry, distance double precision) RETURNS ...


0

Last week, I achieved, what cost me some of my productive time. As I assumed, the problem wassn't related to wrong formatting in the code itself. It was tricky as simple. There is a conflict related to the international language settings created by SplineWithBarriers() which actuelly Java code. If your systems decimal delimiter is ",", which is usual in ...



Top 50 recent answers are included