Tag Info

New answers tagged

0

To display the image is Google Earth, your CRS has to be EPSG:4326. So re-project your image first if required. Then, you can use gdal2tiles.py script which will create a KML SuperOverlay and you can view it in Google Earth. http://www.gdal.org/gdal2tiles.html


1

Found a quick solution - replacing "-hidenodata" with "-srcnodata 0" in the .vrt build: gdalbuildvrt -srcnodata 0 mosaic.vrt geo_pict20140910_131*


2

The gdal_translate document page http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html may indeed give an impression that the values for Ground Control Points should be closed between brackets [-gcp pixel line easting northing [elevation]]* However, that is not the case as close reading reveals and correct syntax for your case is gdal_translate -of GTiff -a_srs ...


1

In the past, I have used a script to unzip the kmz and extract the bounding box coordinates from the KML and used gdal_translate to georeference the image The LatLonBox coordinates will map to the following values when using gdal_translate ulx = west uly = north lrx = east lry = south gdal_translate -a_ullr ulx uly lrx lry -a_srs EPSG:4326 input.jpg ...


0

Also there is a QGIS plugin to make .kmz files from your QGIS canvas for Garmin devices. It is called GarminCustomMap


0

You can use GDAL's gdal_translate command-line utility to translate all raster bands to a GeoTIFF: gdal_translate my_raster.pix my_raster.tif


3

For merely converting a raster from one format to another, many of the GDAL tools will do that along with their specialized functions so either GDALWARP or GDAL_TRANSALTE will do fine for your purposes (which also explains why they give you the same error). The information you mention in the documentation in your links is applicable to using GDAL. Most of ...


0

I got this to work. I believe a combination of setting the transparency for NoData values and removing the map background color in Tile Mill solved my issue.


0

Looks like a bug to me, since the projection parameters were not correctly stored or read when reopening (I can't tell which is correct). No errors were raised, and Set / Get / Import methods return a 0 (= good) status, so there are no signals of any errors. You can add this bug to here. If you need a User ID, it is from here. It's also good practice to see ...



Top 50 recent answers are included