Tag Info

Hot answers tagged

4

There are several ways to deal with naming in model builder. ArcGIS has a help section on this: A quick tour of using inline variable substitution. One slick way to quickly create unique names from an iterator is by calling the %i% or %n% system variables, which output files in the following form: file1, file2, file3, file4... The %i% system variable ...


3

I'd try nesting the iterate part in a sub-model - as suggested in this earlier question: How to prevent running part of a model when iterator is used?


2

!shape.length3D! does work. I had to make sure that I selected the PYTHON_9.3 Expression type in the Calculate field Options dialog. (I'm running 10.2.)


2

Using QGIS 2.2 you can use the v.select function from GRASS to select features from one layer and how you want to select those features (if they overlap, touch, intersect etc) from another layer:


2

I am not completely sure to understand the aim of your script, but here are some comments def customReplace(fieldV): # you must indent after your def repList = ['-', ' ', '.'] #remove the ; rep = '_' b=fieldV for old in repList: #I guess you want to replace the values in replist b = b.replace(old, rep) #here you need return, not ...


2

There is not an Iterate Fields tool in ModelBuilder. I can think of two possible workarounds: Modify the model to run as a Python script. Define a list of the fields you want to use, and define a loop to go through each one and execute the IDW/export functions. I would go with this one personally, but it would be (much) easier with some Python knowledge. ...


2

It looks like you need to set a temporary alias on your toolbox (or a permanent one via its Properties) as described in the Help for ImportToolbox (arcpy): If the toolbox does not have an alias, the module_name is required. When a tool is accessed through the ArcPy site package, the toolbox alias where the tool is contained is a required suffix ...


1

A couple of things to test. You say it has Z values. A feature class can be Z aware but have no Z values. So first thing to test is does your point dataset actually have a number for its Z value? You mention that it is a multipoint dataset. May be its a bug in the tool (I've personally never used it), may be it only accepts single part datasets? Try ...


1

I would add a precondition going From: The "Value" coming out of the iterator To: "Make Table" (the 1st tool you run on "Final1(2)") This will make sure the value changes each time


1

There is no guarantee that a model exported to Python will run without debugging and, depending on your model's complexity, that debugging effort could be considerable. I would wrap your model into a very short Python script that consists of little more than arcpy.ImportToolbox(). For example, if you have a TestModel (without an alias) in ...


1

You may need to include a Collect Values tool between the Iterate output and the next processing step (CreateFeaturesFromText). Example from ArcMap's Help Page (in a different model, so just illustrating the principle)


1

Found what was causing the model to use my default gdb. Just needed to check the paths of the intermediate data within the model. Some of the intermediate data had leftover paths to the default gdb. I just repathed those to the Scratch gdb that I specified in the Environment Settings and everything runs now on other's computers.


1

You can use a precondition to control if the model executes. The following model assumes your raster is an integer grid so the SOY class is an integer value. This means you can use the raster in the select by attribute tool. So get count should return 1 if SOY exists in the raster and as it is a precondition to the raster to polygon tool that part of the ...


1

Here is the model, it uses inline substitution a described by Aaron. Note the output of the Polygon to raster tool is ..\fGBD_Scratch.gdb\ras_%Value%. Value is coming from the iterator which in this case was set to FID to hand out unique rows. So the first raster dataset would be ras_1, then ras_2, etc.


1

I'm not sure this is the answer that I was looking for (especially since the original model worked for another user), but I ended up getting it to run successfully with a bit of a work-around. I put everything after Add Join into a submodel and it worked perfectly.


1

I am assuming you mean field value that needs changed and not your layer name since you mentioned Field Calculator Same logic could be applied in a script for actual layer names too though Ok.. I understand you and have it down. (1) Make sure your parser is marked for python. (2) In the Pre-Logic Script Code: def customReplace(fieldValue): repList = ...


1

I don't have an answer to avoid this issue but my typical solution is to backup the model occasionally. The "failed to save" error just happened to me. It is frustrating to say the least. If you don't have a backup, you lose everything. When you open the model later it is completely empty. I brought this problem up at the UC a couple years ago to one ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible