NetworkX is a Python package for the creation, manipulation, and study of the structure, dynamics, and functions of complex networks.
- Standard graph-theoretic and statistical physics functions
- Easy exchange of network algorithms between applications, disciplines, and platforms
- Many classic graphs and synthetic networks
- Nodes and edges can be "anything" (e.g. time-series, text, images, XML records)
- Exploits existing code from high-quality legacy software in C, C++, Fortran, etc.
- Open source BSD license
- More than 1000 unit tests
Additional benefits from Python
- Fast prototyping of new algorithms
- Easy to teach
- Allows easy access to almost any database