Tag Info

New answers tagged

0

On the FME side of things you need to add a DateFormatter transformer into your workspace. Use it to convert the source date (20140522000000.000) to ISO DateTime (2014-05-22T00:00:00) Also make sure the GML Writer is set to use a DateTime for the output, and not a char field:


0

You could use ogrinfo which has the possibility to query every supported datasource with normal SQL-sytnax. The supported vector sources are documented here. This would give you the desired attributes. In order to do a comparison with the features stored in the DB it would of course require some scripting or postprocessing. If you don't mind e.g. using ...


0

There's no quick and easy way but for the benefit of someone else with the same problem the solution is to convert the geography type to a geometry type, take the bounding box (envelope) of the geometry and pull out the 1st (min) and 3rd (max) points. CGMinLong AS (CONVERT(float, geography::STGeomFromWKB( ...


0

I just went through a week of back-and-forth with ESRI Tech Support about this issue. I have found two parameters in the Defaults Keyword in the dbtune table: Parameter: A_MS_SPINDEX; Value: "GRIDS = (MEDIUM, MEDIUM, MEDIUM, MEDIUM), CELLS_PER_OBJECT = 16" Parameter: B_MS_SPINDEX; Value: "GRIDS = (MEDIUM, MEDIUM, MEDIUM, MEDIUM), CELLS_PER_OBJECT = 16" ...


0

I think @MichaelMiles-Stimson is right and you should use the SdeWorkspaceFactory instead of SqlWorkspaceFactory and then solve the following errors you mentioned. The examples are here and this way works in our project.


1

That should work without problems, double check if the parameters that you are passing to the IPropertySet object are right. Are you writing the "serverinstance" property properly? that's the most common problem. IPropertySet propertySet = new PropertySetClass(); propertySet.SetProperty("dbclient", "SQLServer"); ...


0

In which format [is] geographic data stored in geometry data type of SQL Server 2008. It looks like a long string, like 0xE6100010466DFEOA4089663524… for one polygon. These values are essentially BLOBs (binary large objects): Values of the GEOMETRY and GEOGRAPHY types are encoded in a special binary format which is specified in "[MS-SSCLRT]: Microsoft ...


2

MS SQL server Create new table or add new column. Use STGeomFromWKB to convert WKB to Geometry , then in FME do following. Add "MS SQL spatial reader" , point it to correct table ( You can do this with SQLExecute too , that eliminates need for table containing geometry type and you can just use something like SELECT STGeomFRomWKB(wkb) as geom , id from xxx ...


0

I kind of answered my own question by grabbing the relevant parts of the geometry that make up the X and Y of my record: cast(SUBSTRING(M.GEOMETRY.STCentroid().ToString(),8,6)as int) AS EASTING This grabs the for me the Easting and the following grabs the Northing for me: cast(SUBSTRING(M.GEOMETRY.STCentroid().ToString(),CHARINDEX(' ...


4

You could extract the coordiantes and round these values: Select ROUND(SP_GEOMETRY.STX, 0) As X, ROUND(SP_GEOMETRY.STY, 0) As Y From dbo.MY_TABLE; And you can extend this so that the result is returned as a POINT: Select 'POINT(' + Cast(ROUND(SP_GEOMETRY.STX, 0) As VarChar) + ' ' + Cast(ROUND(SP_GEOMETRY.STY, 0) As VarChar) ...


0

Potentials issues I can think of... You didn't setup the data store on AGS and a copy of the database was created to support the map service (as stated by Alex Tereshenkov) You are editing the wrong version of geodatabase (unlikely but you never know) You didn't clear the ArcGIS Services Directory cache (see this blog post for details)


0

The issues is with the OS itself and the way that files work with ArcGIS. You are running two applications. Two applications can have trouble reading the same file. The interface to edit the file and the web application itself. Since the web application can still function the file while editing either SDE is likely caching the results until you close ...


0

I finally ended up write my own parser in python to parse the polygon string returned by sql server. Note that the simplekml library and the xml.etree library are used. from xml.etree import ElementTree import simplekml def ParsexmlString(xmlstring): rxml = ElementTree.fromstring(xmlstring) drivetime = rxml.find('./Polygons/').get('duration') ...



Top 50 recent answers are included