Tag Info

New answers tagged

0

The problem was somehow the target CPU of the project had changed. If you go to project properties and then compile there are 2 places where the target platform is set. On the first line there is a dropdown for "Platform". This was correctly set to x86. But 4 rows down there is another drop down for "Target CPU". This was set to x64 somehow. Once I changed ...


1

This is a file I built up over a couple of years wrangling with ArcMap & ArcCatalog extensions & then Add-Ins: Things that can prevent ArcMap from debugging Add-ins in Visual Studio: Release mode rather than Debug mode (if using old non-Add-in approach this can be a problem because most likely the \bin\Debug dll was registered with regasm, not ...


1

Upgrading my initial comment to an answer: I had a similar problem with ArcMap 10.3 in combination with Visual Studio 2013. I found all the same posts that @michael-miles-stimson mentioned, and indeed, at one point I could actually debug and hit a breakpoint. But for some reason that stopped working after a while, and there was no way I could get it to work ...


0

Some obvious steps(I suppose you have already tried these..but still). Check if the Mode is still "Debug" instead of release. Delete the "obj" and "bin" folders and rebuild.


1

Whilst cleansing I noticed that addins for ArcCatalog are copied to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\ArcGIS\AddIns\Desktop10.X{AddInID}\ where ArcMap addins are not Actually Arcmap Addins are copied to that location after installation too(or a Build in Visual studio). To solve this problem try these steps: Clean your whole Solution in visual studio by ...


1

Ok, I just verified I am able to step through code using this process. I am doing this in ArcMap, but I think it should apply to ArcCatalog since the process deals with debugging DLLs and not an ESRI specific item. I confirmed this in both ArcMap 10.2.2 and ArcCatalog 10.2.2. As this is a Windows process dealing with DLLs directly, ESRI software versions ...


0

Here is the solution: Try removing SupportedRuntime from arcmap.exe.config, in the bin directory. This is the \ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\bin\arcmap.exe.config xml file. Why can't the breakpoint be "hit" when debugging an ArcGIS 10 Add-In?


0

I have same problem, I also did everything that you did - nothing works. Thank you for your research, I just installed VS2012 and it works fine, good enough for now. If you ever will find the solution - please write it here)


1

These are the steps I followed multiple times to get addins working in versions of visual studio other than 2010, using the 10.2.2 arcobjects sdk. My guess is this would probably work with 10.1 as well. Install the version of visual studio you wish to use Install visual studio 2010 and ArcMap 10.2.2 (requirements for arcobjects 10.2.2) Install ArcObjects ...


0

In Visual Studio, Go in your project properties and go to the tab Debug. Make sure that in the section "Start Action", the radio button "Start External Program" is checked and that you put the map to your ArcMap execution file. In my case: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin\ArcMap.exe" Hope this helps. Fabien



Top 50 recent answers are included