Hot answers tagged wms
Unless you relax your requirement to use layer files and style your layers using another method, I am not aware of a solution that meets all your requirements. You do not need ArcGIS to read a file geodatabase (gdb) or to serve a WMS from it but my understanding is that there is nothing else that can read a layer file (lyr).
You are right that metatiles alone do not prevent cutting the symbols. In the picture below with 3x3 metatiles the inner star symbol will not be cut but the outer will because it is on the border of the metatile. With symbols you can get a perfect result by using "gutter" parameter with a value that is bigger than half of the size of the biggest symbol. ...
In the imagemosaic setting (in the layer page), try setting "output transparent color" to black
Does the data get reprojected? Typically when I reproject raster to a different coordinate system I get black edges like that, because the raster file itself is rectangular, but the area covered by the reprojected data isn't. The black parts are areas of 'nodata'. If it's an issue of the look of the thing, perhaps you can make nodata transparent or white?
Your issue is in the URL. I retrieved the "right" one from https://data.gov.uk/dataset/flood-map-for-planning-rivers-and-sea-flood-zone-2 INTERFACE%3DENVIRONMENT--86ec354f-d465-11e4-b09e-f0def148f590 seems to act as a token for authentication to WMS service. Try below code (tested on my machine) urlWithParams = 'contextuaWMSLegend=0&crs=EPSG:27700&...
This is not a GIS question, but rather a HTML+CSS one. Start by reading https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Learn/CSS/CSS_layout/Positioning , then do a bit of research on positioning block-level elements relative to the viewport, including how to use the vw and vh units.
Has been answered on the geoserver-users mailing list, it's a bug in env usage inside raster symbolizer happening when multiple layers are requested: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Variable-substitution-not-working-if-multiple-layers-are-provided-in-WMS-call-td5271011.html The env function works otherwise fine (against one or more vector layers, or ...
In the very end, I got a response from the vendor a month after we stopped working on the project. The vendor's response was that I was using the wrong letter casing in the CQL_FILTER parameters. The 'featureid' parameter needed to have a capital 'i' so that it ends up as 'featureId'. I tested my original WMS query with the single letter change, and sure ...
Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible