Jessica Yangless info
|visits||member for||1 year|
|seen||Dec 7 '13 at 21:07|
UX newbie just getting started - advice, corrections and instruction are much appreciated. (Sinophones: 请多多指教！)
I'm an undergraduate studying in the US, majoring in computer science and cognitive science. I want to learn more about UX design, visual design, and UX research, or related roles (basically anything where I get to draw pictures or study people). I also know how to code in C and stuff.
I am spending summer 2014 at the Central Institute of Mental Health in Mannheim, studying borderline personality disorder.
- the effect of computing/robotic contexts on social behavior, social cognition and mental health
- investigating therapeutic uses of HCI/HRI in enhancing well-being and the treatment of disorders; also its uses in motivation and education and that sort of thing
- raising awareness of the impact of culture and context in behavior and cognition.
- basically, add 'and computers' to any item from the list below
Interests, more broadly
- art (drawing, painting, illustration)
- design (all kinds)
- music, including classical
- 'science' (ha)
- video games: I play LOTR Online the most regularly
- fantasy and a small amount of scifi
- gender and (a)sexuality
- egalitarianism (equal to or a superset of feminism)
- wellbeing/health/humanist spirituality
- martial arts (aikido)
- the webcomic 'The Order of the Stick'
|bio||website||jessicayang.org||visits||member for||1 year|
|location||Singapore||seen||Dec 7 '13 at 21:07|