I am currently researching for an appropriate GIS solution. My requirements are pretty simple:
- Ability to create circles, symbols or diagrams with transparancy tied to their geographical location (For example showing units sold and total profit for each location)
- Size of said symbols should be proportional with values within
- They should be capable of displaying values and if possible location names
- Most of these informations including coordinates are located in Excel Files
- Possibility to automate this procedure every time or at least create semiautomated profiles
I found quite a few solutions such as ArcGIS and Maptitude but I am not certain if such software is required and if there isn't a simpler alternative.
I was also looking at qGIS but sadly I am quite new to GIS and such a form of data visualisation, so any guidance would be appriciated.