I have been trying to convert the WGS84 style geo-positions to x,y coordinates on a 2D plane. I have looked into many different links, websites, studies and I honestly gave up on finding a plane copy and paste solution. Things that I have observed:
- I select a point on the Openstreetmap let's say 48.8532, 2.3528.
- I let that point to be presented as the origin on my 2D plane, (0,0) in x,y.
- I already know the ranges of latitude and longitude values.
- I define the range for the x,y values of the 2D plane. (ex. x=[0, 50000] y=[0,5000])
- I interpolate the geo-positions using linear interpolation to the numbers on the 2D plane.
Now my questions:
- Is this correct? Is the WGS84 representation a linear coordinate system?