How do I change the Spatial Reference System (SRS) of an existing GeoTiff file?

Or more fully, what can I use to convert the meta data for the file to a different SRS?


1 Answer 1


If you want to just edit the metadata, use gdalmove with a huge pixel error tolerance (-et) setting.

If you want to translate a basically correct file into something other than the SRS it currently has, use gdalwarp.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.