How can I read ESRI polygon/polyline shapefile in R environment using rgdal or other library? can I get a syntax for it?
Possible duplicate with How to open a Shapefile in R?
There are many packages to read shapefiles:
- rgdal with readOGR (examples) and Read and write ESRI Shapefiles with R, pointed out by Joseph
- maptools with ReadShapePoint, readShapeLines,readShapePoly and readShapeSpatial as Tumbledown show ( and Read and write ESRI Shapefiles with R)
- PBSmapping with importShapefile (examples) and Read and write ESRI Shapefiles with R, pointed out by Joseph
- shapefiles with readshapefile (examples)
- raster with shapefile (examples)
- dismo with shapefile (examples)
- fastshp`with read.shp (examples)
readShapeSpatial in the maptools package is my go-to function:
Nice tutorial here: http://www.kevjohnson.org/making-maps-in-r/