I have a raster created from polygon shapes from a social survey of fishing areas in ArcMap. I have classified my raster to 3 classes High,Low,Medium. I want to draw a border or an outline around the raster classes so it is visible like a hollowed effect in three colours so areas that are High, Low, Medium are visible. How can I do this?
These are the steps I would take.
- If you don't have an attribute table for you raster already I would use the tool, Build Raster Attribute Table.
- Open the attribute table for your raster and click to select the class you want to export. You could also probably do this by using the tool, Select By Attributes.
- Then I would use the Raster to Polygon Tool to create a shapefile of the selected field.
- Then for the shapefile created I would set the fill to hollow and the outline to a the desired color.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for the other two classes.
To my knowledge you cannot do that with a raster, you need to convert your raster back into a polygon Feature Class if you want a hollow effect. This tool will do it.