I have created a new widget and called it "MagnifyingGlass" (at the request of the client). I have copied from the WAB (Web App Builder) the Sample Widget (the SimpleWidget folder structure for the 'Get Map Id' widget example).
- I have renamed everything.
- I have added it to the site config file so that it shows up.
- It is now a visible button on one of my dev maps.
- It is the duplicate BOOKMARK widget button to the right of the buttons on the bottom left.
- If you hover over it is says 'Zoom.'
The problem is what happens when you click it! It opens a window / popup...
The whole goal for this widget is to simply add a button that users can click that lets them THEN click and drag to draw a Zoom window.
Apparently, this is functionality that SHOULD be (obviously) on all maps. SO... In my Widget.js file (remember I copied the Simple Widget example files) I have commented out the templateString, rewrote _getMapID to now be _init simply because I don't know what I'm doing (and I'm not sure where to look).
The whole goal is the Rubber Ban Zoom Box creation after clicking the Widget button. Period. But I am uncertain where and how, in the Widget.js file, to make this happen.
I have asked this on ESRI's GeoNet site already: https://geonet.esri.com/message/438305