I'm trying to rasterize the Land cover data of Nigeria which was obtained from FAO database. During the process of rasterizing the land cover data, I used the following information which gave different cell sizes between the input cell size and output size (measured).
From polygon to raster, I employed;
- Input feature: selected land cover data layer (nga_gc_adg)
- Value field: GRODCODE
- Output raster dataset: H:\Arcgis\defaul.gdb\nga_gc_adg_polygonTo raster1
- Cell assignment type: CELL CENTRE
- Priority field (optional): None
- Cell size (optional):0.038.
Why, instead of the same 0.038km used as the cell size, when I measured the smallest cell size of the rasterized data, do I get much higher cell size (4.24km) compared to the input cell size (0.038km)?