I'm completely new in RunTime and also in any kind of programming.
I'm working on an app for Windows tablets which needs to:
- have aerials as a basemap
- work in an offline environment
- have editable feature class (adding lines in the field)
- edits doesn't need to be sync when online (client doesn't have ArcGIS Server etc.)
- edited feature class needs to be export to shp.
I'm not sure if Local Service pattern is a good choice? I choose it because I'll need geoprocessing tool to be able to extract fc to shp. Also our client will once a month provide updated data for people in the field. Because of no option of sharing trough ArcGIS service, I've been thinking about sharing it through mpk. The newest mpk will always replace the old one.
Can anyone tell me which way is the best? I had a look at many samples but there are not really any for the local server pattern.