I was asked to created a point shapefile of a cemetery. The points display correctly in QGIS but not in ArcGIS. I think the issue is with the coordinate system I created it in (WGS 84 / UTM zone 17N).
I've linked the file below for you to try:
What mistake am I making? There is something I am doing wrong during the creation of the shapefile in QGIS.
Edit1: I originally gathered the data using a Garmin GPS unit tagging a sample size of spots. I uploaded the file onto QGIS and created the polyline and polygon shapefiles you can see in the example. These display fine in ArcGIS Desktop. First, let me be clear that I am new to GIS and even newer to QGIS (I completely self learned the application). I created the point file from scratch by referring to the satellite image plugin of Google and Bing Maps. I also referred to a paper "map" of the cemetery from the 1950's that I won't upload for privacy reasons. My client just wants a digital map to reference and print when needed. They are not GIS professionals but clerks who want to be able to quickly go onto ArcGIS, see if the plot is free or not. Back on topic.
Looking back while I was creating the points, I believe I did something that mkennedy is referring to - changed the geographic coordinate reference. Big rookie mistake on my part.
The thing is, I'm confused and frustrated. Very frustrated. I don't have access to ArcGIS at the moment and cannot play around.