In ArcMap 10.2, I have a layer that has two attributes: depth and magnitude.
Depth should be represented by color: deeper points being lighter and shallower being darker.
Magnitude represented by symbol's size: points with a higher magnitude have a bigger symbol and points with a lower magnitude have a smaller one.
How do i do that?
So, many people has told me to use "multiple attributes" in the symbology dialog. I wish i could upload a screenshot but my firewall seems to have the image service blocked. Let's try with words.
- "Multiple attributes" offer these input boxes: "value fields" and "variation by".
- in "value fields" i select "depth" and "magnitude"
- in "variation by" we have two buttons: "color ramp" and "symbol size"
- in "color ramp" i choose "depth"
- i open "symbol size". There, "depth" is selected. I change it to be "magnitude".
- open "color ramp" again. No longer "depth" is selected. Now "magnitude" is.
Basically, whenever i select something on "symbol size" or "color ramp", the same selection is duplicated on the other button.