Here's the end result I'm trying for:
- the user clicks on a feature on an ArcGIS Server JS map
- a Python script is triggered on the server
- the Python script uses an attribute from the feature (eg its OID) to perform some calculations (using arcpy modules)
- the results are returned to the infoWindow as HTML, for display
I guess I'd need to be able to trigger a Python script (containing arcpy commands) on the server, passing parameters between the client and server.
Assuming this is possible, what is the best approach:
- via the ArcGIS Server geoprocessing framework
- directly via an AJAX call to the Python script (and is that even possible)?
- something else?