I am currently obtaining slope and aspect of roofs using ArcGIS as follows:
- Mosaic several Lidar .asc files to new raster
- Extract by mask using Mastermap building outlines to get hold of just the building pixels.
- Spatial Analyst Tools – Surface – Slope
- Spatial Analyst Tools – Zonal – Zonal Statistics as Table - mean
I have a large amount of data to process. I could automate this using ModelBuilder in ArcGIS but I’m sure this is not the most efficient method of achieving the results I need. I’m considering the following:
- Script everything in Python
- Combination of Python/QGIS/GRASS
- R software
- Python/Saga combination
Does anyone have any experience of a similar problem and how did they solve it?
Does anyone have an opinion on which software or language I should select?